Garages today are more than just spaces to park automobiles. Oftentimes, these are the first thing a person sees upon entering a home or a building. This is why it is important to keep your garage door in top shape with periodic maintenance. If you have an electric garage opener, here are some troubleshooting tips to help you get by. Read more about garage door repair Draper UT
1) Check the power source. The problem may lie in the possibility that electricity is no longer getting to the opener. Or it is possible the opener has been unplugged. Troubleshooting an electrical issue may require the expertise of a professional.
2) If it is plugged in, pull the release chain of the emergency mechanism. If doing so does not solve the problem, proceed to the next step.
3) You should check that there are no obstructions to the tracks such as dirt or pebbles. Dirty tracks make it difficult to open the door. Tracks and rollers should be maintained at six month intervals. Lubricate all moving parts regularly to keep them in working order.
4) Check for damage on the door itself. Dents, warps and other malformations can make the door difficult to open. If the dents are minor you may be able to bang them out to alleviate the issue.
5) Let the motor that operates the door cool for 15 minutes. It could be that it has overheated from use. If you try it again and it does not work efficiently you may need a repairman.
6) Try pressing the auxiliary push button control. If it doesn’t work, then a defective push button controller could be the problem.
7) If your neighbour is using the same security code as you, it could be causing the problem. So, try changing the security code and see if it solves the problem.
8) The header and door bracket could be misaligned. Check for misalignment and correct if it necessary. This may require tools.
9) Check the transmitter. If it activates the drive unit but still does not want to open, you should examine the drive belt. The belt may need to be replaced.
10) Inspect the pulley and how it connects to the motor. If it is loose, you may need to adjust the belt. Don’t over-tighten the cables, however, as this can cause more problems. If cables are frayed they should be replaced as they will eventually break.
11) Check the safety sensitivity control. If the unit moves in reverse while it is moving up or down, the safety sensitivity control could be the problem.
12) If your door only partially opens or closes, you may need to adjust the height adjustment screws. Adjust the screws and see if it solves the problem. If it does not, it’s time to call a professional for help.
Call Tacoma Garage Door Repair today if you are still having issues with the operation of your unit. We can help you maintain and fix any problem that you may be encountering. Just give us a call.